Beynon & Co. was founded in 1912 and has operated continuously since then, principally in the commercial and industrial brokerage and management phases of the real estate industry.
Founded on family principles of honesty, integrity and service, Beynon & Co. is one of Pittsburgh’s largest privately owned commercial real estate and insurance companies. Services include commercial sales and leases, property management, investment sales and analysis and corporate consulting.
Recognized Throughout Western Pennsylvania
Our successful track record and reputation speak for themselves and are reflected in the number of longstanding relationships we enjoy with the area’s most prestigious organizations. Our corporate and public-sector clients are decidedly blue chip, and are household names. They include organizations such as:
- U.S. Steel Corporation
- Pitt Ohio Express, Inc.
- Foster International Development, Inc.
- Equitable Life Assurance Society
- City of Pittsburgh
- Urban Redevelopment Authority
- H.J. Heinz Company
- Associated Dry Goods
- Oxford Development Company
- Giant Eagle Markets
- Pittsburgh Board of Public Education
- Allegheny County
Our broadly based and expert capability assures these and other clients a high comfort level. Whatever the need, our specialized team of brokers and salespersons has the proven talent and expertise to keep a transaction moving soundly ahead toward a successful closing.
Major Involvement In The Pittsburgh Market
In recent years, we have devoted increasing energy and attention to major civic and corporate assemblies and developments. Some of our current projects include:
- Grant Liberty Development Group Associates–Liberty Center
- The Holiday Inn and Presbyterian Hospital office building on the Masonic Temple property in Oakland
- Sale of the J&L Steel site to the Urban Redevelopment Authority of Pittsburgh for a high tech park
- Development and sale of Hunt Stable Condominium, Rolling Rock, for Mellon Family interests
- Development of the Benedum-Trees Building, Pittsburgh’s first office condominium
- Sale of the land under Kaufmann’s Department Store to the May Company
- Sale of the Federated Building to JMS Investments and subsequent lease of the entire building to Allegheny General Hospital
- Consultation services for Pittsburgh Brewing Company
- Leasing and project development work for Grane Associates on a 100,000 square foot office complex in Greensburg, Pennsylvania
In recent years we have also handled other, notable projects such as:
- Exclusive listing and sale of Faith Community Church in Bethel Park to a major national apartment developer. Achieved one of the area’s highest land sale prices.
- Exclusive listing and selling agent for Allegheny County in the sale of the former John J. Kane Memorial Hospital which consisted of over 700,000 square feet situate on 86 acres.
- Sale of the Overlook School for Baldwin-Whitehall School District to a local developer of health care facilities.
- Exclusive listing agent for the Catholic Diocese to dispose of the Toner Institute Property in Mt. Lebanon.
- Exclusive broker for Marriott Corporation for Lifecare Retirement Communities in the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania area.
- Site assemblage for U.S. Steel Building … and One Mellon Bank Center.
- Land assemblage for the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport expansion … the Penn Central site in the Strip District … the Greater Pittsburgh High School in East Liberty for the Pittsburgh Board of Education … the University of Pittsburgh and acquisition and assembly of the CNG Tower site and Cultural District site for Howard Heinz Endowment.
- Sale of the Koppers Building for Equitable Life Assurance Society.
- Ownership and sale of William Penn Hotel to Alcoa.
If a significant, commercial real estate deal is forming in the Pittsburgh area, chances are Beynon & Co. will be involved.